With a commitment to “welcoming the stranger,” this team supports activities in the areas of evangelism, new member assimilation, communications, and public relations, in order to create fellowship that is warm and welcoming to all. The functions and duties of the Welcome Team consist of the following:
- Encourage the congregation to have a greater concern for evangelism.
- Work with the Director of Gift-Based Ministries to plan and implement a TLC (Tender Loving Care) program for new members, which may include, but not be limited to: new member visitation, Inquirers’ Classes, sponsors, church tours, and participation in church activities.
- Plan and implement a program of making Holy Trinity known throughout the community, which may include, but not be limited to: website, brochures, newspaper and radio ads, posters in relevant institutions, and mailings.
- Track weekly worship attendance of members and visitors.
- Recruit and instruct lay visitors from the congregation, and conduct lay visitation.
- Obtain greeters for worship services.
- Coordinate its work with the evangelism efforts of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America.
The Welcome Team provides:
- Screen Door Visitors
- Busy Bags
- New Member Sponsorships
- Church Website
- Church Facebook Page